The Georgia Poultry Federation is in the process of planning our 2022 event schedule. Please continue to check back to stay up to date on the latest!
Georgia Poultry Strong 2022
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Lanier Islands, Buford
Join us for Georgia Poultry Strong – an outdoor venue with live music, food, beverages and more! Grab your bag chair, leave your cooler at home and picnic on a delicious G Brand BBQ dinner.
Tickets go on sale early August!
Below is our tentative schedule. Stay tuned for more details:
Fireworks follow the concert
|10:00pm||After Party @ the Peach
Peachtree Pavilion, located down the hill from the concert field
Young Leaders Sporting Clays Classic
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Elbert County Gun Club, Elberton
Although the specific focus is to give poultry leaders under the age of 40 the opportunity to meet each other, shooters of all ages are welcome to join the fun. We are hoping for at least one team from every poultry complex, regardless of age. Allied companies are encouraged to participate as well!
Team Details for Competition –
- A team is comprised of four (4) shooters.
- You must have one (1) team member “39 and under” on your team to compete for team prizes.
- We will follow a “European Format” — shooters start once all members are on-site and have participated in mandatory safety training.
- An individual trapper will be assigned to each team. They will provide safety training and guide you from station-to-station.
- Shooters are responsible for ammo (100 shots) and gun. Eye and Ear protection is required. Bring your own or it is available to purchase at the Gun Club the day of the event.
- Scores will be posted online (www.gapf.org) throughout the day. Awards will be announced at the end of the day and featured online.
Awards will be given in the following categories –
- Top Team Overall
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Team (Morning)
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Team (Afternoon)
- Individual Overall (39 and Under) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Individual Overall (40 and Over) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
8:00am Breakfast & Morning Team Check-In
11:30am BBQ Lunch for all Participants
12:00pm Afternoon Team Check-In
Similar to the Legacy Golf Tournament, your participation helps endow the UGA Poultry Student Scholarship Fund in memory of Drs. Scott Russell, Dan Fletcher & Roger Wyatt.
Event and Sponsorship details to follow soon!
If you are interested in event/sponsorship information, please contact –
Laura Beth Brock
Director of Operations & Events
Exec. Asst to the President & Abit Massey
770.532.0473 x103 Office