Young Leaders Sporting Clays Classic
Postponed until Spring 2023
Elbert County Gun Club, Elberton
Gather a team and come on out for the Young Leaders Sporting Clays Classic this November! We look forward to hosting 25 teams in the morning and 25 in the afternoon on Wednesday, November 9 @ Elbert County Gun Club. Morning slots go quickly – they are “first come, first serve.”
Although the specific focus is to give poultry leaders under the age of 40 the opportunity to meet each other, shooters of all ages are welcome to join the fun. We are hoping for at least one team from every poultry complex, regardless of age. Allied companies are encouraged to participate as well!
Team Details for Competition –
- A team is comprised of four (4) shooters.
- You must have one (1) team member “39 and under” on your team to compete for team prizes.
- We will follow a “European Format” — shooters start once all members are on-site and have participated in mandatory safety training.
- An individual trapper will be assigned to each team. They will provide safety training and guide you from station-to-station.
- Shooters are responsible for ammo (100 shots/ 18 stations) and gun. Eye and Ear protection is required. Bring your own or it is available to purchase at the Gun Club the day of the event.
- No alcohol permitted on premises, beverages provided at shooting stations.
Awards will be given in the following categories –
- Top Team Overall
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Team (Morning)
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Team (Afternoon)
- Individual Overall (39 and Under) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Individual Overall (40 and Over) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Schedule of Events
- 7:30am Breakfast Biscuits from G-Brand BBQ
- 8:00am Morning Team Check-In
- 11:00am G-Brand BBQ Lunch for all Participants
- 12:30pm Afternoon Team Check-In
Similar to the Legacy Golf Tournament, your participation helps endow the UGA Poultry Student Scholarship Fund in memory of Drs. Scott Russell, Dan Fletcher & Roger Wyatt.
- $500 per Four (4) Person Team
- $100 per Shooting Station Sponsor
TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2022
Peachtree Pointe Pavilion & Legacy Golf Course Lanier Islands
10:00am Annual Meeting @ Peachtree Pointe Pavilion
11:00am Golf Check-In, Putting Contest & Lunch under the tent @ Legacy Golf Course
1:00pm Shotgun Start (4-person Scramble Format)
Lanier Islands | https://www.lanierislandsgolf.com/
7000 Lanier Islands Parkway | Buford, GA 30518
Top Three Teams
Longest Drive (Men & Women)
Closet to the Pin (Men & Women)
For Details/Late Entry, Contact:
Laura Beth Brock | firstname.lastname@example.org
770.532.0473 x103 Office | 770.298.1926 Cell
The Annual Meeting offers poultry leaders and allied company colleagues the opportunity to gather for a 60-minute industry update. Annual Meeting is hosted at Peachtree Pointe Pavilion, followed by lunch at Legacy Golf Course.
Georgia Poultry Strong 2022
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Lanier Islands, Buford
Join us for Georgia Poultry Strong – an outdoor venue with live music, food, beverages and more!
Below is our tentative schedule. Stay tuned for more details:
Fireworks follow the concert
|10:00pm||After Party @ Peachtree Pavilion, located down the hill from the concert field|
If you are interested in event/sponsorship information, please contact –
Laura Beth Brock
Director of Operations & Events
Exec. Asst to the President & Abit Massey
770.532.0473 x103 Office